PSoC Creator components update (not) available - why?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IvBu_1817031
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I have the latest PSoC Creator 4.2 installed on two computers, e.g. PC1 with Windows 10 and PC2 with Windows 7. I have a project, based on CYBLE-222005-00 and I can successfully compile it on the two PCs. PSoC Creator does offers me to update some project components (e.g. cy_boot from v5.70 to v5.80) on PC1 but does not do that on PC2. If I update the project on PC1, I cannot compile it anymore on PC2, unless I roll back the components to their previous versions. The versions of the updated on PC1 components appear as unknown when the project is open on PC2. What is the reason for that? How can I update the components on PC2 to their latest versions?

I am aware of this post - https://community.cypress.com/message/184685, but it does not help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I changed the device to CY8C4248LQI-BL583 and I got the info message warning that I can update some components, including cy_boot from 5.70 to v5.80. I did not update, I changed back the device to CYBLE-222005-00 and the info message disappeared.

Then I changed again the device to CY8C4248LQI-BL583, I got the same info message and this time I updated. The info message disappeared and when I changed back to CYBLE-222005-00 everything was fine - the cy_boot component version was 5.80, not anymore ‘unknown’ and I could successfully compile.

Thank you Dheeraj!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please check the network settings on your Windows 7 laptop. Ensure there is no proxy used. In Creator, right click on Project > Update components and update all components. Check if cy_boot_5_80 shows up.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I had already tried that but I tried again on my Windows 7 PC. The version numbers in the two columns ("Current version" and "New version") are the same for all components, no newer version number is able to be selected in any of the combo boxes and the highest cy_boot component version remains 5.70.

I do not use proxy.

0 Likes

In your PC, please go to Settings > System > About and tell me your OS Build version. It should be displayed like this:

systen.PNG

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

One of them runs Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, Service pack 1, the other - Windows 10 Pro, v1803, Build 17134.765

Regards!

0 Likes

Can you try choosing a different PSoC 4 device (maybe CY8C4248LQI-BL583) and then check if the latest version of cy_boot shows up in the update components.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

I changed the device to CY8C4248LQI-BL583 and I got the info message warning that I can update some components, including cy_boot from 5.70 to v5.80. I did not update, I changed back the device to CYBLE-222005-00 and the info message disappeared.

Then I changed again the device to CY8C4248LQI-BL583, I got the same info message and this time I updated. The info message disappeared and when I changed back to CYBLE-222005-00 everything was fine - the cy_boot component version was 5.80, not anymore ‘unknown’ and I could successfully compile.

Thank you Dheeraj!

0 Likes

The latest version of cy_boot_5_80 is available for update for all PSoC 4 devices. Even though the CYBLE-222005-00 is a PSoC4 device, it isn't outright seen as one by Creator and hence doesn't list the cy_boot for update.

I have created an internal ticket to get this fixed. Glad to know the workaround helped and this should help you proceed with your application development.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes