PSoC Creator Hangs on CyPPDeviceIOPlugin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StBo_1370551
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I have a problem launching/using PSoC Creator. The installation processes succeeds and I am able to update all the components (Peripheral Driver Library and PSoC Programmer). When I try to launch PSoC Creator the programs just hangs loading the CyPPDeviceIOPlugin. Eventually (approximately 30 min later), the program will load and work normally, expect when using any kind of USB feature. If a USB feature is used, the program will hang again. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, full OS wipe all without any success. The only workaround I found was to run PSoC Creator in a VirtualBox VM and connect the USB device to the guest by using the VirtualBox OHCI controller. For whatever reason that seems to workaround the issue. I am starting to suspect the graphics driver but I am not sure why that would cause any sort of conflict. Has anybody experienced this problem? Does anybody have any suggestions?

--- System Information ---

Motherboard: ASUS Hero X (BIOS 1801 11/5/2018)

Processor: Intel i7-8700k

Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti (GeForce Game Ready Driver 425.31)

pastedImage_0.png

5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

There are threads which had similar issues like the one mentioned, which can be helpful:

PSoC Creator 2.2 SP1 (complete istallation) can't start on PC with 448 MB RAM

PSoC Creator 4.2 does not start anymore

PSoc Creator 4.0 freezes several times also at the 4th PCs

I hope your system meets all the requirements as mentioned in Release Notes at page#09:

http://updates.cypress.com/updates/psoc_creator/4.2/_4.2_Release_notes.pdf

Regards,

Ankita

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

1) My machine has 16 GB of RAM so low memory is not an issue.

2) I did a complete OS wipe, eliminating a any kind of registry issue that might exist. Also when I did the OS wipe, I installed PSoC creator before antivirus software and still had the issue.

3) NGEN is reporting back the correct root location of the psoc_creator entry.

4) I meet all of the requirements listed in the release notes.

Sorry but nothing seems to work.

0 Likes

Can you try opening any Batch script file in your system.Can you just try to open it and see whether it is getting opened via cmd or any other application.

There are certain .bat file in cyinstaller, if by default they are getting opened by notepad, it will create issue in installation.

0 Likes

I created the following batch file ...

ECHO OFF

ECHO Hello World

PAUSE

Double clicking it launches the command prompt like so ..

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

It might be the problem of incorrect registry entry.

You can try reinstalling the PSoC Creator/Programmer after cleaning up registry entries by using this tool. CyInstaller installs several MSI files; each MSI file has its own unique registry entry. Before installing the MSI package, Windows checks whether a registry entry related to the MSI being installed is already available. If available, the installer skips the related step. Therefore, any incorrect registry entry can lead to installation issues.

0 Likes