PSoC Creator Crypto Core access?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
paulbart1234
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi -
:

This (now locked) thread: Access crypto_core (ECC) from PSoC Creator says

I have passed the query to the internal software team to make the Crypto Core APIs available as part of the PSoC Creator PDL releases. Thank you for your interest in Cypress Products.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Are there any updates on this?  I want to do some Crypto operations (like SHA) in "chunks" (not as one block), and the only way to do that seems to be via the Direct Crypto Core API, which isn't available in PSoC Creator's PDL.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello,

No. Direct Crypto Core access is still not available in the latest 3.1.3 PDL release. We recommend moving to ModusToolbox for developing your applications targetting PSoC6 devices. The psoc6pdl library offered with ModusToolbox has both the Client-Server and Direct Crypto Access models available.

I will update the thread when this support is added in the PSoC Creator PDL release. However, there is no priority at the moment to have this included in PSoC Creator. If this request is to change anytime in the near future I will let you know.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello,

No. Direct Crypto Core access is still not available in the latest 3.1.3 PDL release. We recommend moving to ModusToolbox for developing your applications targetting PSoC6 devices. The psoc6pdl library offered with ModusToolbox has both the Client-Server and Direct Crypto Access models available.

I will update the thread when this support is added in the PSoC Creator PDL release. However, there is no priority at the moment to have this included in PSoC Creator. If this request is to change anytime in the near future I will let you know.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

PaBa,

Maybe I'm missing your intent.

In PSoC Creator, select the project then Right-click and select "Build Settings..."

You should get the "Build Settings" window.   Now select "Peripheral Driver Library".  There is a PDL crypto base library selection that should include the code to use the crypto functions.

pastedImage_0.png

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes