PSoC Creator Clean Build Program Cycle

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeSw_2288441
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a setting to force PSoC Creator4.2 to always perform a clean and build before programming?

I have found if I modify a file and program the device, without doing a "Clean and Build", the modified code is not always used.

It would seem, if a file other than main.c is modified then the old binary file is programmed in the device as the compiler doesn't generate a new binary file.

Regards

Pete

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

When we want to modify the code in component’s generated source file,  steps has to be followed which was explained in this Link.
If we add any user defined library files then we have to do "clean and build" before programming.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello Pete,

Can you please check with other example project.

Please tell the complete version of PSoC Creator.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Thanks for responding. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

I have tried to replicate the issue on a simple sample project with no success.

I will keep trying to locate what causes the issue in my project and post here when/if I have more specific information.

Regards

Pete

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

When we want to modify the code in component’s generated source file,  steps has to be followed which was explained in this Link.
If we add any user defined library files then we have to do "clean and build" before programming.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes