PSoC Creator 4: Can't create a new BLANK project.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrCh_1185121
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi Everyone,

I recently had to re-install PSoC Creator 4 (s4.0.0.432).  Now when I go to create a new project, I get the option to select either "Code Example" or "Pre-populated Schematic".  The option to create a new blank project seems to have disappeared.  I thought maybe the install was corrupt, so I re-downloaded the setup file and did a typical install again and I still have the same issue.  (FYI:  I did not have this issue when I had originally upgraded from PSoC Creator 3 to 4.)

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks.
-Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I get the 'empty schematic' option on the second page of the wizard when I select 'target kit' or 'target device' on the first page. Its not there though when I selected 'target module', for some reason.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

I get the 'empty schematic' option on the second page of the wizard when I select 'target kit' or 'target device' on the first page. Its not there though when I selected 'target module', for some reason.

0 Likes
BrCh_1185121
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi hli,

Thanks for the reply.

You are correct in that this problem is dependent on what target I pick.  I have been working with the PRoC BLE (which is showing me the issue), but when I select PSoC 4200BLE, I get the option for an "Empty Schematic".  Weird.

-Brian

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

You should raise a support case with Cypress, so they can fix it in one of the next Creator version.

0 Likes