PSoC 6 development in eclipse

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2457466
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I am trying to export PSoC Creator 4.2 project for PSoC 6 to eclipse via CMSIS pack.

I am trying to follow the guide in help -> PSoC Creator help topics -> Using PSoC 6 Designs in Eclipse

This guide seems outdated.

Currently I am in this step:

"

Cypress Toolchain Adapter Feature

As a convenience to our PSoC Creator/Eclipse users, Cypress provides a small "toolchain adapter" feature, which populates several Eclipse project tool settings for projects imported from PSoC Creator, saving time and reducing the chances of incorrectly typed tool setting values. The feature can be downloaded as a ZIP archive from the PSoC Creator downloads page:

http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

"

The download link is missing!

could you please update the guide and provide me the link for "PSoC Device Project Utilities"

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes you're right. The plugins I mentioned are for PSoC4, sorry about that.

The ones for the PSoC6 are not available on the website for download. Due to versions of CMSIS-PACK plugin that are broken, they didn't work with the Cypress plugins. Alsp, the documentation needs to be updated since a lot has changed.

Work is underway to fix this and release the plugins in WW04 tentatively along with the documentation. Do let us know if this urgent. We can look into how we can help you at the earliest.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

In the PSoC Creator downloads page, please go to the Downloads tab to find the required zip file as shown below:

eclipse.PNG

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Unfortunately this is not the package i am looking for.

In the guide it states:

pastedImage_0.png

Where is this com.cypress.cmsis.pack.crossgcc_1.0.7.zip file located ?

I tried the other one you linked to, which i have used for PSoC 4 projects. But that dows not give me the import function stated further down in the guide:

pastedImage_1.png

please advice. Thanks

0 Likes

Hi DheerajK

Just to clarify. I am reading through PSoC Creator Help in PSoC Creator 4.2

I am trying to get my development system up and running.

I want to create a project in PSoC Creator to setup components and export this to Eclipse.

I am doing this using the CMSIS pack option.

Currently i have followed the guide "Using PSoC 6 Designs in Eclipse".

I have installed Eclipse NEON.1 and use CMSIS-Pack management plug-in version 2.1.0 as in the example.

This has allowed me to actually start creating projects within eclipse following this guide, but the build end up failing because I am missing settings in regards to the compiler and build steps.

This is where the "Cypress Toolchain Adapter Feature" comes into play. BUT I cannot find this plug-in anywhere.

pastedImage_2.png

Please help thank you.

0 Likes

Yes you're right. The plugins I mentioned are for PSoC4, sorry about that.

The ones for the PSoC6 are not available on the website for download. Due to versions of CMSIS-PACK plugin that are broken, they didn't work with the Cypress plugins. Alsp, the documentation needs to be updated since a lot has changed.

Work is underway to fix this and release the plugins in WW04 tentatively along with the documentation. Do let us know if this urgent. We can look into how we can help you at the earliest.

Regards,

Dheeraj