PSoC 6 [CYBLE-416045] OTA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PascalS
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello together,

we are evaluating PSoC 63 BLE Module CYBLE-416045 on the Prototyping Kit for a customized BLE application.

IMG_4530.jpeg

The most important topic at the beginning is to validate the OTA firmware update via BLE, because this is a mandatory requirement from our customers. 

We found some different example codes here in this community forum but none of them is ready to use or even compileable!

Can anyone provide us a running example project for the Prototyping Kit with PsoC Creator 4.4 and PDL v. 3.1.5?

The programming part should be done via CySmart iOS App v. 1.3.0.102 because this is really close to our required use-case.

Best Regards!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Yes, App001 = App0 & App 101 = App1.
Please check the purpose of all three LED pins in the Code example datasheet. If there are no enough LEDs in the board, then you can use a GPIO pin and check the status in an oscilloscope.

Please refer to the section '2.1.2.3 Cypress Bootloader Service' in the CySmart_iOS_App_User_Guide datasheet for more information on OTA Firmware upgrade process in IOS.
You have to select the bootloadable file (App1.cyacd2) located in the project folder App1 > CortexM4 > [compiler name] > Debug. This file is generated when App1 is built.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello, 

Please refer to the 'CE216767 – PSoC 6 MCU Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Device Firmware Update (DFU)' code example in the PSoC Creator. You need to change the device to CYBLE-416045 in the Device selector(Right click on the project -> select the 'Device Selector').

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
PascalS
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello Yugandhar,

first of all thanks for your fast reply!

But did you tested your solution? Did you use PSoC Creator 4.4?

I can't find exactly the project you described. I just find these projects:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-18 um 03.32.05.png

I tested both with a negative result. After changing the device to CYBLE-416045, I get the following message:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-18 um 03.28.28.png

This results in an error while compiling:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-18 um 03.28.53.png

So what to do now? This doesn't seem to work as plug and play.

Best Regards!

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please refer to the attached PSoC6 DFU project.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello,

the good point is, that both projects are compilable now for my device and I can flash them!

But the application does not work as expected and I'm struggling with the iOS CySmart App.

• The documentation talks about App0 and App1, The names of the projects are App001 & App101?! I suggest, that App001 = App0 & App 101 = App1 ?
  • Unfortunately I don't have enough LED outputs. There are just two LED's on my eval Board! So which ones should I use?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-25 um 12.08.39.png

•  When I program App001, I can see the "BLE DFU Device" in my CySmart iOS Application

IMG_4669.PNG

•  But how tp proceed? When I open the "BLE DFU Device" and go to "Bootloader Svervice" => "Application Upgrade" This view is shown:

IMG_4668.PNG

• I can not add any .hex file! The view doesn't react on any touch input (iPhone 12 mini / iOS 15.1.1)!
  • Last but not least, even if I would know, how to import an .hex file to the CySmart App, what .hex file should I use? Do I have to use "App101_M0+.hex" or "App101_M4.hex" or do I have to combine the both .hex files?

Best Regards!

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

Yes, App001 = App0 & App 101 = App1.
Please check the purpose of all three LED pins in the Code example datasheet. If there are no enough LEDs in the board, then you can use a GPIO pin and check the status in an oscilloscope.

Please refer to the section '2.1.2.3 Cypress Bootloader Service' in the CySmart_iOS_App_User_Guide datasheet for more information on OTA Firmware upgrade process in IOS.
You have to select the bootloadable file (App1.cyacd2) located in the project folder App1 > CortexM4 > [compiler name] > Debug. This file is generated when App1 is built.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.