PSOC programmer 3.27.3 and above does not work with miniprog3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
paroc_1316856
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First solution authored First like received

After upgrading to PSOCprogrammer 3.27.3 or 3.27.8 I can nolonger program CY8C5268LTI-LP030 devices using miniprog 3

I have tried several computers and miniprog 3s.

Reverting to 3.27.1 gets it working again.

The later PSOC programmer versions work with 3rd party programmers.

Not a problem for me now I have figured it out but it took a while.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Paul,

pastedImage_0.png

I don't have a CY8C5268LTI-LP030 on my hand, but the MPN can be found in the device list of PSoC Programmer 3.28.

Could you disable AutoDetection and choose CY8C5268LTI-LP030 manually in device list, then try to acquire it again?

If it still failed, I guess it could be a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Paul,

I don't have this MPN on my hand. But I checked my PSoC Programmer. I can find CY8C5268LTI-LP030 in its device list.

Could you double-check the configuration of you PSoC Programmer 3.27.3 and above?

And do we have same version of Device Database?

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

This is with the non functional 3.27.8

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

This is with the working 3.27.1 note it has correctly identified the device (different from the one I initially raised the question about as I am at a different location , so the problem is not restricted to just the CY8C5268LTI-LP030 device.) which 3.28.0 did not.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Ryan

Just to add a bit more information, even "port acquire" fails about 9 times out of 10 with the new psoc programmer versions.

Paul

0 Likes

Hi Paul,

pastedImage_0.png

I don't have a CY8C5268LTI-LP030 on my hand, but the MPN can be found in the device list of PSoC Programmer 3.28.

Could you disable AutoDetection and choose CY8C5268LTI-LP030 manually in device list, then try to acquire it again?

If it still failed, I guess it could be a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Ryan

Now that the current version is 3.28.0 all seems to be working again both in auto and manual modes, with all my miniprog3s.

Thanks for your time.

Paul

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes