Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ Creator & Designer Forum Discussions

onetwo
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I am currently Running PSOC Creator on a Mac M1 running Windows 11 via Parallels Desktop.

The software runs and builds as you would expect. However, I cannot get my KitProg to show up.

It appears as a device in both OSX and Windows, but appears to be stuck in a loop of resetting / restarting etc..

Anyone have a similar issue? any workarounds known? (many google tunnels later I still have no success)

Many Thanks

Nick

0 Likes
11 Replies
Ekta
250 solutions authored 100 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hello Nick,

Can you please let me know how the device appears in the device manager? Does it appear like an unknown device?

Please provide a screenshot of the same.

Also, are you seeing this issue only with the kitprog device or is this issue there for any other USB device?

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
onetwo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ekta,

Attached should be a screenshot of the device manager.  You can seeThe Kitprog appears as it should,  However, within the 'devices and printers' control panel dialog, kitprog seems to be doing something strange - it will appear, disappear then reappear in a constant loop - as if it is resetting?  This is often accompanied by the kitprog mode light flickering erratically too. 

All other USB devices work fine with no issue.

I have also tried the very same kitprog on different machines (Mac > Windows 10 on bootcamp), (PC > Windows 10) and the entire toolchain works perfectly.

(It may be of note, the machine I am having issue with is an M1 Macbook running Windows 11 on Parallels)

Thank you in advance for your time

Nick

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 10.08.55.png

0 Likes
dparent94
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 replies posted First question asked

Hi,

Any luck with this issue?  I am running Parallels 17.1.4 and Windows 11.  I can only get the Kitprog to be detected when I put it into bootloader mode. (I am truing to use KitProg, Not KitProg3)

Parallels ask for permission to connect to Cypress KitPRog.  After selecting yes,  I see USB Serial Device (COM4, but I do not see kitprog ) under Ports(COM &LPT).  Interestingly I do not see USB devices (as shown above), only USB controllers.  

Some background:  I am a professor at SJSU and I am using the Cyscope PSoC system to introduce transfer students to PSoC in a low-cost manner, but I did not realize that many students have MACs, and I asking them to buy a PC is not very low cost.  (Sorry if this is too much information.)  I have looked a the parallels website but it is slow going.

Thanks,

-Dave Parent

0 Likes

After following these instructions:https://kb.parallels.com/111725 I was able to get the Kitprog programmer to appear in other devices.  In the device manager, the kitprog has a yellow triangle that says the drivers are not installed.  I tried to install the drivers from the kitprog directory but an error message comes back driver not found.

0 Likes
onetwo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave - afraid no luck using kitprog on parallels.

However, I have had success getting the whole chain to run on bootcamp (on a pre M1 mac..)  should that be of any use to your students?

Best

N

0 Likes

Alas but no.  The MAC owners all have (or will have)the M1 chips.  If school were in session or they were all SJSU students they could borrow a PC for the semester.  I read that Parallels 17.0.0 worked, and another is a trick to install that instead of the latest version.

Thanks,

-Dave

0 Likes

Hi mate, did u manage it to work? I'm a MacBook Air M1 user, and I need to make it work since im a student. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Hi I was working with a rep from parallels, but I had to give the Mac book
back so I did not finish. They were helping me quite a bit even though I
was only on a trial usage plan. I think it will work eventually. Sorry I
know this is not much help.

Thanks anyway mate 😄

0 Likes
HenriqueT
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted Welcome!

Did u figure out a way to make it work mate?

0 Likes

afraid not -  sure it is possible but beyond my scope - (for reference I have even tried remote usb hosts (the kitprog running on a windows machine remotely, but accessed through M1 Mac) - works with other usb devices but sadly not the kitprog.

0 Likes