PSOC Creator Hex Files Different

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaSm_1109836
Level 2
Level 2
First like given 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I have archived a PSOC Creator 4.1 project using the "Minimal" setting in order to create the minimal amount of files that I need to create a GIT repository. I then opened the archived zip file and copied the top level directory and its entire contents to a separate directory. In that new directory, I deleted the path ".\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Release" which contains the output hex file. I also deleted the path ".\Generated_Source\PSoC4" which contains all of the generated source code. I then opened up this new project and clean and built the code. I then compared the original Intel hex file to the new hex file and discovered that the 2 files are significantly different.

So I started again with the archive file and copied the entire contents to another new directory. In this new directory, I again deleted the path ".\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Release" which contains the output hex file. But now, what I did was delete all of the files in the path ".\Generated_Source\PSoC4" which contains all of the generated source code but i did NOT delete the path (an empty directory ".\Generated_Source\PSoC4" still exists). I then opened up this new project and clean and built the code. I then compared the original Intel hex file to the new hex file and discovered that the 2 files are IDENTICAL.

Can someone explain. Since our project will eventually become an FDA medical device, we need to be able to identically reproduce the Intel Hex file

NOTE: I did not touch any of the default project settings.

0 Likes
6 Replies