PSOC Creator 4.4 network drive not shown

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
XiZh_1684196
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have the problem? I just upgraded PSOC Creator from 4.3 to 4.4. My workspace/projects are on a network drive (mapped to my W: drive). It was fine in 4.3 to open the projects. However, I could not find any mapped drive in 4.4's file open dialog. How to solve the issue? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

When you try to open projects in PSoC Creator 4.4, you don't see any drives listed under Network Drive. Am I understanding the problem correctly?

Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall. Click Change Settings.

pastedImage_1.png

The Allow another app button should now be enabled. Click it and select psoc_creator.exe located in the path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.4\PSoC Creator\bin"

Once added, allow permissions on all the Domain, Private and Public networks. Open PSoC Creator and see if you can now see your drive listed under Network Drive option.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

When you try to open projects in PSoC Creator 4.4, you don't see any drives listed under Network Drive. Am I understanding the problem correctly?

Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall. Click Change Settings.

pastedImage_1.png

The Allow another app button should now be enabled. Click it and select psoc_creator.exe located in the path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.4\PSoC Creator\bin"

Once added, allow permissions on all the Domain, Private and Public networks. Open PSoC Creator and see if you can now see your drive listed under Network Drive option.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dheeraj

XiZh_1684196
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dheeraj

Thank you for your reply. According to your method, the problem is solved.

It seems that Windows Firewall blocked the network drives in PSoc Creator.

0 Likes