PSOC 4.4 program on CY8C28533 micro

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pbedesign34
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have a product that uses a CY8C29556, but due to the chip shortage it is not available. For a temporary sub, I've found the CY8C28533, which might work instead. I'm trying to recompile the program written for the CY8C29556 to work on the CY8C28533. The program was written in PSOC 4.4 which doesn't support CY8C28XXX microcontrollers. I've tried downloading PSOC 5.4 and recreating the project, but I get an error

"addr 0x7fe0 rtcnt 4 MAX 0x4000 !X The compiler has failed an internal consistency check. This may be due to incorrect input or an internal error. Please report the information addr+(rtcnt-2) <= image->size at ..\lksubs.c(175) to "support@imagecraft.com" make: *** [output/Cy8C28533.rom] Error 1"

Is there a version of PSOC or an addon that I can download that supports CY8C28XXX micros and can compile a PSOC 4.4 program?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @pbedesign34 ,

Kindly try generating and building the project on PSoC Designer 5.0.

Best regards,

Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello @pbedesign34 ,

Kindly download PSoC Designer 5.0 from PSoC Designer archives. Then open the PD 4.4 project using PD5.0 and rebuild the same. Do not change the device at this point. Correct any errors. Then open the project with PD5.4. At this stage also you may get some errors. Do kindly post the errors you may find at this stage. We will be able to understand the error better. After all the errors are resolved, you may clone the project to CY8C28533. At this point you will need to check the actual working in a real hardware.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

I've opened the project in PSOC 5.0 and I have the compile error:

(141) can't open object file "lib/obj\adc1.obj": No such file or directory

The program is looking for adc1.obj but my directory contains adc1.o Is there an easy way to convert all the .o files to .obj?

Thanks,

Robert

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @pbedesign34 ,

Kindly try generating and building the project on PSoC Designer 5.0.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes