PSOC 101 Video 5 - Toggle Flip Flop

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section...

I'm working my way through the PSOC 101 tutorial videos and am having a bit of trouble on the "extension" task of video 6 which uses a series of toggle flip flops to cycle through led colours.

Initially I followed the task with two flip flops as explained and had no problems, but when I tried to add a third some unusual things came up.

Assuming it's a positive edge flip flop, in my configuration as far as I can tell the order should be: off, white, magenta, yellow, red, cyan, blue, green, off, etc...

I don't seem to have a consistent order, and whats more it seems to be often changing colour when I release the switch as well as pressing it. I've uploaded the project, so if anyone's got a few minutes, do they mind taking a quick look?

Thanks in advance, 

Rob

edit - Here's the link to the video if that helps - http://www.cypress.com/training/psoc-101-video-tutorial-series-how-use-arm-cortex-m0-based-psoc-4

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your switch probably bounces. There is a Debouncer component (under digital utilities) which could help.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your switch probably bounces. There is a Debouncer component (under digital utilities) which could help.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked perfectly Bob, thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome, Rob.

Bob

0 Likes