Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CaKu_4284131
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

I'm using PSoC Creator, and in Build Settings, Peripheral Driver Library, Graphics, emWin, I have selected Core, OSnTS, and LCD Driver, GraphicLCDCtrl. Unfortunately, the automatically generated code in Generated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\middleware\emWin\code\drivers\Control\GUIDRV_Control.c doesn't work for me; I need to implement my own _SetPixelIndex() and _GetPixelIndex(), as described in 33.7.26 GUIDRV_Template - Template for a new driver, "Adapting the template driver," in emWin User Guide & Reference Manual.

My question: how can I keep my version of GUIDRV_Control.c from being overwritten each time I Generate Application? Can I make my own protected copy and tell the compiler to use that instead of the one in Generated_Source when I build my application?

0 Likes
1 Solution

T6963C is an LCD Controller and hence you will need to make use of the GraphicsLCDIntf component rather than the GraphicsLCDCtrl component. This is because GraphicsLCDCtrl component is used to provide interface to a LCD panel that has a LCD driver but no LCD Controller.

If you refer to the section "Run Time Configurable Drivers" and "Compile-time configurable drivers" for the list of supported drivers/controllers, you will find out that your controller is supported as part of GUIDRV_SLin. Since we don't have this as part of the EmWin package, you will need to implement it yourself.

I would suggest you edit the "GUIDRV_Control.c" file while maintaining the backup in a separate file in case if the generated source files get overwritten and continue development.

Regarding recreating the GraphicsLCDIntf component in ModusToolbox, note that UDBs are not currently supported and hence cannot be implemented.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies