Moving 4247 M project to 4147 S, pin mode issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoFe_2541336
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

After comparing the two pinouts for these ICs, both in the TQFN 64, everything matched up except for a few I/O pins I'm not using anyway. Everything else matched exactly, port-for-port and bit-for-bit. So I copied the 4247AZI M475 project and changed the device to 4147AZI S445. Unfortunately, during placement I get an error:

ADD: sdb.M0033: error: The instance 'RX', of component cy_pins_v2_20, contains an error. The parameter DriveModes contains an error. Pin 0: Use of drive modes which are not High Impedance with a hardware-routed input requires a port adapter, but the selected device does not have one.

* C:\hwdev\psoc\LX200\LX200_HandController\AS100243_E.cydsn\TopDesign\TopDesign.cysch (Instance:RX)

I am using a resistive pull-up pin mode on the RX pin of a UART_V2_50.

Anyone know of a work-around for this?

--Rob

0 Likes
1 Solution

Rob,

If you want to relocate the UART and TCPWM pins within a port (a group of 8 pins) it may be possible to use the Smart I/O.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Rob,

Are you using UDB based UART in your application?

Please note that the device family PSoC 4100S Plus doesn't have Programmable Digital Block (UDB and DSI). So that might be the reason for the error you are getting. If that is the case you should convert your design from UDB based UART to SCB based UART. You can see code examples from PSoC Creator on SCB based UART.

Can you please remove the code in your project and attach just the project for us to test once?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Ganesh,

I've attached the project archive.

--Rob

0 Likes

Hi Ganesh,

Update:

Yes, I was using the UDB UART, which I should have checked before posting this since I know it does not exist in the 41XX 😞

I guess I was confused by the error message I got, into looking elsewhere. Since the pinouts were essentially the same I had hopes I could use the 41XX, but after I replaced the UDB UART with the SCB hardware block, I got a whole slew of new error messages about pins not being reachable by the SCB and the TCPWMs, so I am sure I cannot swap in the 41XX in this design without a PCB rev.

I guess in the first instance the fitter could not even get far enough to check the pins on the other components.

Thanks for your help,

--Rob

0 Likes

Rob,

If you want to relocate the UART and TCPWM pins within a port (a group of 8 pins) it may be possible to use the Smart I/O.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes

Noriaki,

Thanks, I'll check that out!

--Rob

0 Likes