Miniprog4 vs Miniprog3. Which one should I buy?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jcsb1994
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi, I am looking for the best way to program my PSoC 4100S series project.

Does miniprog4 have all the features of the miniprog3 for PSoC 4 devices? I could not find a table that compares both program/debug kits.

Basically, I just want to know if I could make a mistake by choosing miniprog4 instead of miniprog3. Does miniprog4 have any additional features?

And is it possible to use them with PSoC creator or do I have to export my projects to hex files to program chips with the PSoC programmer software (and how do we export projects to prepare them for psoc programmer)?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
LiDo_2439176
Level 5
Level 5
First question asked 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi JeSi_4326976​,

if you intend to use PSoC 1 or PSoC 3, among other PSoCs, then Minipro3 is the solution.

Otherwise Miniprog4 is the best solution. Don't forget the 6x2 header which provide a valuable bridging capabilities: USB-I2C, USB-SPI and USB-UART. More on table bellow. I don't pretend it's complete but you can get an idea.

mp3 vs mp4.png

Best regards,

Liviu

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LiDo_2439176
Level 5
Level 5
First question asked 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi JeSi_4326976​,

if you intend to use PSoC 1 or PSoC 3, among other PSoCs, then Minipro3 is the solution.

Otherwise Miniprog4 is the best solution. Don't forget the 6x2 header which provide a valuable bridging capabilities: USB-I2C, USB-SPI and USB-UART. More on table bellow. I don't pretend it's complete but you can get an idea.

mp3 vs mp4.png

Best regards,

Liviu