Make cysch files text based for revision control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several years ago, EAGLE CAD switched their binary blob schematic files to XML format. This made them much more friendly toward revision control systems like Git. Could you do the same for the cysch files?

Even better would be a "visual" version control system so that I could see the differences in the visual schematics rather than their text representation. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Andrew,

I have some good news for you. In PSoC Creator version 4.0 you will be able to find significant modification regarding this requirement. Basically customer will be able to convert CYSCH and CYDWR files to a text based files. V4.0 will bo out in late summer [Sept-Oct].

Thanks

JOBIN

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Andrew,

I have some good news for you. In PSoC Creator version 4.0 you will be able to find significant modification regarding this requirement. Basically customer will be able to convert CYSCH and CYDWR files to a text based files. V4.0 will bo out in late summer [Sept-Oct].

Thanks

JOBIN

0 Likes
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

Will all the necessary project files be text-based?  It's difficult to see what's changed from one revision to the next

0 Likes
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Yea! With the binary format it's impossible to see what changed when something breaks.  @Jobin It's October: Is there a new ETA for PSoC Creator 4.0?

0 Likes