Lib file cannot be deleted during PSOC creator update

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JunjieC_16
Employee
Employee
Welcome!

Hi 

I tried to update PSOC4.2 but some component files cannot be deleted/replaced which rolled back the install process.  I tried some method to delete the files but none worked. Please advise. Thanks.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
JunjieC_16
Employee
Employee
Welcome!

Ryan

Re-install did not work as the files cannot be over-written. I fixed by 2 steps finally (causing me half day):

1. run Disk check and repair on the Drive which creator is installed

2. re-install creator but some files are missed strangely. I compared my creator files with colleague's and copied from him which I missed. finally creator works.

Thanks for advice.

regards

Jason

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jason,

How about unstall PSoC Creator and then clear the lib folder, then re-install PSoC Creator again?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
JunjieC_16
Employee
Employee
Welcome!

Ryan

Re-install did not work as the files cannot be over-written. I fixed by 2 steps finally (causing me half day):

1. run Disk check and repair on the Drive which creator is installed

2. re-install creator but some files are missed strangely. I compared my creator files with colleague's and copied from him which I missed. finally creator works.

Thanks for advice.

regards

Jason

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Thanks for your feedback Jason!

Glad to hear that the Creator can work.

That is interesting...Hope someone from software team see the thread and find the root cause and fix the issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes