LVDT Sensor measurement

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi .. I am a newbie in the PSoC programmingI'm trying to create a sensor measurement system using PSoC, and I had a goodstart viewing examples from the website www.edn.com/article/461772-PSoC_microcontroller_and_LVDT_measure_position.php and on youtube www.youtube.com/watch .... I need advice from you who have more experienced.. anyone can help me?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

what is your background and your application you are targeting? The block diagram from the EDN article give you a place to start. What kind of PSoC Starter Kit are you using? Giving advice is hard without knowing some of the basics. 

Robert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again.. I am from Indonesia, my background is civil engineering, and a few years ago I had attended Structural Health Monitoring System project (it was the first time in my country) which uses a common of sensor measurement system with LabView program & Measurement Studio, (but done by personnel from the U.S.).

as research this time i trying only with one type of sensor (LVDT), with the results of graphical view and text output (spreadsheet), according to the function of the LVDT itself when applied to civil engineering, particularly buildings and bridges.

I got many good examples of diagrams and code by using LabView, but then I saw (from example EDN), it seems pretty simple but effective (& cheaper, i hope).

You are correct that information from the EDN provides clear guidance to get started. but I am a beginner in programming like this, so what I mean here is perhaps a little example of programming code based on the example of EDN.

Thanks..
"maybe you do not need to give me the fish, but simply let me know, which is the good bait and where the right location for fishing"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone out there got the LVDT conditioning to work with the psoc1 as described on the web?

If so I would like a little insite on how it was done.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

I am afraid that a 4 year old thread is rarely looked at. I know for sure that at least one of the posters is not connected to cypress any more.

I would suggest you to start a new thread preferrably in the PSoC1 forum.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Not sure if this is of any use -

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CDoQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.eet....

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Bob. I added a new post to the PSoc1 forum per your advice.

Dana, I appreciate the link. I need to find more detail.

I am new to PSoc and chose this route to try because of the LVDT idea.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Another interesting reference -

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ti...

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes