Kitprog3 / libcybridge source code?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi,

Any plans to open source Kitprog3 and the host side for the neat usb-bridges for uart/i2c etc. (preferably as a libusb based python lib).

Thx

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The source code of KitProg3 and CyBridge library are proprietary and there is no plan at the moment to make it open source anytime soon. I will pass this request to the software team for evaluation. Can you please let me know what your requirement is, what features you would like?

Thank you for your interest in our products

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81

The source code of KitProg3 and CyBridge library are proprietary and there is no plan at the moment to make it open source anytime soon. I will pass this request to the software team for evaluation. Can you please let me know what your requirement is, what features you would like?

Thank you for your interest in our products

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

For the Bridge and host code, we need to run things on linux and integate them with our own tools. It's hard to do this when it's wrapped in a closed binary.

For the Kitprog3 itself. When adding it to your own board designs, it's frustrating not being able to change pin-outs, add extra features and such. Please consider open sourcing it. Most parts are already running DapLink which is already open source.

Thanks David

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

Thanks @DaEr_349131 . I have passed this feedback to the software team. I will update the thread when there is any development. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes