KitProg Programmer driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nils1
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Ladies and gentlemen!

I needed the PSoC (CY8c5888LTI-LP097) for a school project, but whenever I connect it to my PC, Windows tells me that it cannot find any drivers and does not read the device. Is there a way to get the drivers or could you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Ekta,

I believe Nils is using a CY8CKIT-059.   It uses the Kitprog and not the KitProg2.  

Therefore I believe ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg\KitProgUSBUART.inf" should be used instead.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @Nils1 

Can you try following the steps below to bind the correct driver to the PSoC 5LP device:

Please follow these steps to manually bind the driver software of KitProg from the PSoC Programmer installation directory.

1.     Right click on 'KitProg' and select 'Update Driver Software'.

2.     Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

3.     Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

4.     Click 'Next'.

5.     Click on 'Have Disk'. Please ensure that you do not miss this step.

6.     Browse and select the following file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg2\KitProg2UART.inf

In case the device is still not recognized kindly let us know.

Thanks and Regards,
Ekta

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nils1
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Ekta

Thank you for the fast feedback.

I went through your steps and once I select the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg2\KitProg2UART.inf" and then click "OK" the window closes and reopens and want me to choose a path again. I also looked for the driver on the left but couldn't find it either.

Unfortunately, the PC still does not recognize the PSoC.

Thanks again for the quick help and regards

Nils

0 Likes

Ekta,

I believe Nils is using a CY8CKIT-059.   It uses the Kitprog and not the KitProg2.  

Therefore I believe ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg\KitProgUSBUART.inf" should be used instead.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi Len,

Thanks for correcting me. You are correct PSoC 5 uses kitprog. @Nils1 can you please try following the same steps but using the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg\KitProgUSBUART.inf" istead?

Let us know if you face any issues after that.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes