KEIL registration problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

KEIL is required to compile PSoC3.

for that reason,

[Help]-[Registor]-[Keil..]

We are trying to register KEIL.

We can not register even if you fill in the designated item.

登録入力後.jpg

As mentioned above,

Although CID and PSN are written in advance, PSN error will occur.

Have you experienced this kind of phenomenon?
Also, do you have the means to avoid?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The licenses have been made available for a week, deadline being December 22nd to help everyone resume work if they have been stalled because of this. Please make use of this opportunity to get the license as soon as possible.

What happens after December 22nd?

We are in pursuit of renewing the license and it will be available soon like it was before, but since we do not want your work to be affected until that, the licenses are being made available for a week as a temporary solution.

Please refer the following link for registration:

PSoC Creator™ - Keil Compiler Registration - KBA83314

Please follow this KBA for further information, all notifications will be provided there: Problem Registering Keil License: Error Code 9939 - KBA225736

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
DheerajK_81

The PSN can be used to install on up to two user machines as mentioned here: LICENSE: Issues with Licensing a Product Serial Number (PSN) . Have you registered before in any case?

If not, we will check why the PSN is invalid in your case and maybe provide a new one.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Dheeraj-san,

We recognize that PSN is assigned automatically rather than manually.

Is PSN allocated automatically by Cypress account?

Up to two user machines,
In other words,
Does this mean that you are using the same Cypress account for PSoC Creator on another PC?

Please tell us how to obtain a new PSN.

Or do you think that the problem will be solved if you uninstall PSoC Creator and reinstall?

Regards,

Masashi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

When is this going to be fixed?  I just received a response from Keil indicating (as we know) the license is not valid.  This should be a simple matter of someone with authority in Cypress, to initiated a new license with Keil.  This is a major oversight.  The PSoC 3 is not dead yet.  I have continuing development responsibilities for this product.

Regards,

Ronald Patton

We have been notified of this issue where the license seems to have expired. Kindly give us sometime to address this. We hope to resolve this soon.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
DoLo_351801
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

This is a show stopper. Keil Says that cypress is not renewing their license. What's going on? This is what I got from Keil:

support-keil <support-keil@arm.com>

4:01 PM (10 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Douglas,
Thank you for using ARM Keil Tools. Unfortunately, Cypress has not renewed the license for this product, and it has expired. We have a Knowledge Base article with more details, and potential workaround, depending on the size of your project: http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2254.htm/

I apologize for the inconvenience. Many people are experiencing this right now, I suggest you join them in contacting Cypress to persuade them to renew.

Best regards,

Cameron P. LaFollette

0 Likes

We are in talks to renew the license and resolve this issue. It will be notified here once it has been renewed. We appreciate your patience!

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

OK,  I am now officially dead in the water.  This issue needs escalated to senior management. Obtain at least a one month extension to the current license so that your customers can continue working until Cypress figures out a long term solution.

Ronald Patton

0 Likes

I second it.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018, 11:01 AM user_352784942 <community-manager@cypress.com

0 Likes

I second it too.

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

The licenses have been made available for a week, deadline being December 22nd to help everyone resume work if they have been stalled because of this. Please make use of this opportunity to get the license as soon as possible.

What happens after December 22nd?

We are in pursuit of renewing the license and it will be available soon like it was before, but since we do not want your work to be affected until that, the licenses are being made available for a week as a temporary solution.

Please refer the following link for registration:

PSoC Creator™ - Keil Compiler Registration - KBA83314

Please follow this KBA for further information, all notifications will be provided there: Problem Registering Keil License: Error Code 9939 - KBA225736

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes