I2C Slave write busy and write complete

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaGh_4441651
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I am trying to implement my SCB block as a I2C slave. I need to check 2 conditions and set certain flags. The two conditions are - I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_BUSY and I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT

I am using the callback api - I2C_1_I2C_ISR_ExitCallback() and in this function I check the slave status using the function I2C_1_I2CSlaveStatus(). The debug session hits the breakpoint in the I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_BUSY check, but it never hits the break point for I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT flag.

Can anyone tell me if I am doing anything wrong here? Also is the api callback - I2C_1_I2C_SlaveCompleteCallback() a better way to check if the slave write was complete?

I also found that I could use I2C_1_SetSlaveInterruptMode(I2C_1_INTR_SLAVE_I2C_WRITE_STOP) - What is the difference between the usage of all these fucntions? Which one is the best to be used in my case?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

1. I have created a small code example for checking these two conditions. In the example I am using LED's to determine whether the I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_BUSY (Blue led) and I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT (Red led) conditions are are triggered. I am setting a flag in the I2C_1_I2C_ISR_ExitCallback() function. Depending whether the flag is set or not the I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT or the I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_BUSY status is checked in the main loop.

I have used the Bridge control panel to send data, and I can see both the LED's glow, i.e. the Red led followed by Blue led.

Please have a look at the project, in case you still face an issue, please attach your project so that we can have a look at it and try to recreate the issue at our side.

2.  The I2C_1_I2C_SlaveCompleteCallback() will be called when the master completes read/write operation on the slave. You can use it, if you want to do any processing when this event occurs.

3. The I2C_1_I2C_SetSlaveInterruptMode() can be used to configures which bits from Slave interrupt request register will trigger an interrupt event.

The I2C_1_I2C_ISR_ExitCallback() can be used in your case to check 2 conditions and set certain flags.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

1. I have created a small code example for checking these two conditions. In the example I am using LED's to determine whether the I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_BUSY (Blue led) and I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT (Red led) conditions are are triggered. I am setting a flag in the I2C_1_I2C_ISR_ExitCallback() function. Depending whether the flag is set or not the I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT or the I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_BUSY status is checked in the main loop.

I have used the Bridge control panel to send data, and I can see both the LED's glow, i.e. the Red led followed by Blue led.

Please have a look at the project, in case you still face an issue, please attach your project so that we can have a look at it and try to recreate the issue at our side.

2.  The I2C_1_I2C_SlaveCompleteCallback() will be called when the master completes read/write operation on the slave. You can use it, if you want to do any processing when this event occurs.

3. The I2C_1_I2C_SetSlaveInterruptMode() can be used to configures which bits from Slave interrupt request register will trigger an interrupt event.

The I2C_1_I2C_ISR_ExitCallback() can be used in your case to check 2 conditions and set certain flags.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes