Howto manage multiple hardware targets?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

I'd like to know if there is a way to manage multiple hardware targets in PSoC Creator?

i.e. without having to duplicate the full project, I'd like to:

1) re-use the same code & schematic but have different pin-mapping configs.

2) build for multiple target-cpu's (within the same psoc-family), preferably using the same binary.

example: I'd like to run the same code on both the main 5LP on a CY8KIT-059 & the KitProg CPU. Since they are slightly different, the boot-loader will not accept this. So I'd like to know if there is a way around the explicit cpu-definition in the bootloader component.

Thanks David

0 Likes
2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

AFAIK none of this is possible. Especially the latter: since all of the internal hardware routing heavily depends on the actual MCU, you cannot easily use the same binary for different hardware.

0 Likes

Ping team Cypress,

any ways to do this? I believe the actual contents of a 128KB vs 256KB .hex is really 1:1 for the same cpu.

would be fantastic if we could get support for:

- bootloader supports multiple bootloatable targets (within the same cpu family)

- there is a way to have multiple build-targets to generate "-L478 -L489" hex files from within the same project

best david

0 Likes