How to upgrade GCC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to get every bit of performance possible out of my PSOC 4 BLE MCU. About the only thing I haven't tried is the newer GCC toolchain (5.4). I downloaded and installed it, and pointed to its bin directory as the GCC Generic setting under Project Management in PSOC Creator 4.

This allows me to run a build, but the linker fails with "No interrupt vector."

GCC 4.9 (default) and Keil MDK toolchains build successfully (Keil result is much slower than GCC result).

Any pointers to correct this?

Thanks,
Paul

1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

On Creator 4.0 install the newest GNU ARM Toolchain (Version 5-2016-q3-update at the moment ) [1], and go to Tools > Options > Project Management > ARM Toolchains, set Default Toolchain to ARM GCC Generic and the place the path to the bins of the newest toolchain on the dedicated place.

Also,choose ARM GCC Generic in Build Settings by going to Project>Buid Settings option.

[1] https://developer.arm.com/open-source/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads

You should be able to build and program only.

I have verified that procedure,thus I suggest for  trying building some more projects

If this issue is specific to a project,please provide us with that project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

On Creator 4.0 install the newest GNU ARM Toolchain (Version 5-2016-q3-update at the moment ) [1], and go to Tools > Options > Project Management > ARM Toolchains, set Default Toolchain to ARM GCC Generic and the place the path to the bins of the newest toolchain on the dedicated place.

Also,choose ARM GCC Generic in Build Settings by going to Project>Buid Settings option.

[1] https://developer.arm.com/open-source/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads

You should be able to build and program only.

I have verified that procedure,thus I suggest for  trying building some more projects

If this issue is specific to a project,please provide us with that project.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. That sounds like exactly the steps I followed. The project in question is attached. It builds and programs fine with either the 4.9 GCC toolchain or the Keil one, but fails with "No Interrupt Vector" on the newest GCC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still stuck on this. Any suggestions on how to proceed? It seems to be something about a ROM Interrupts table from the generated code that the linker is not finding.