How to do a "I2C Register Read" in Bridge Control Panel?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ghariman
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I am using MiniProg3 and using Bridge Control Panel to do USB-to-I2C.

I know how to do a "read" continuously from first register on-wards. This is the syntax explained in the Bridge Control Panel help file (for example to read from Slave Address=0x09, and read 3 bytes):
"R 09 x x x P".
This works fine, and it returns correctly the contents of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd register from my Slave IC.

But what about if I want to read starting from a specific register (and not from the 1st register).
For example I want to only read the data in the 3rd register.
How do I do a "Register Read"? What is the syntax in Bridge Control Panel for this?

Your assistance is much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ghariman
Level 2
Level 2

Actually somebody I asked gave me the answer to my question, and it works. Below is his explanation.

The syntax: "w slvadd regadd r slvadd x x x p"

Just close the w part with an r and the tool will do a restart followed by a read

The p at the end will do the stop

X is for a byte you want to read, so put as many x as the number of bytes you want to read

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ghariman
Level 2
Level 2

Actually somebody I asked gave me the answer to my question, and it works. Below is his explanation.

The syntax: "w slvadd regadd r slvadd x x x p"

Just close the w part with an r and the tool will do a restart followed by a read

The p at the end will do the stop

X is for a byte you want to read, so put as many x as the number of bytes you want to read

0 Likes