How does PSoC Creator calculate checksum?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoLu_3455101
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given 5 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hi,

I am using PSoC Creator 4.2 to build a project sample code from Cypress (CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla). I need to use my debugger (Miniprog3) to step through the code. At first the "Debug" button in the software is greyed out, but after disabling the "bootloadable" component in the project, I am able to use the debugger.

However, when I start my debugging session, I get the following error:

Error: dbg.M0023: There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - FAILED! Hex File parsing failure. Checksum of Main Flash does not match Hex Checksum record)

Is this checksum mismatch due to the fact that I removed the "Bootloadable" component and now the program size doesn't match the expected checksum? If so, how do I re-calculate/re-config the expected checksum value?

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for your reply. I got the debugger working now. When I select the Debug option, the port settings was set correctly to SWD. However, it turns out that I have to set SWD again in the Systems tab. After that, the debugger worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi Jonathan,

Have a look at this article which may be helpful.

Troubleshooting Guide for PSoC® 3/PSoC 4/ PSoC 5LP Bootloader Designs - KBA210593

Roy Liu

Thanks for your reply. I got the debugger working now. When I select the Debug option, the port settings was set correctly to SWD. However, it turns out that I have to set SWD again in the Systems tab. After that, the debugger worked.