How do I remove build errors related to "--section-start" in Creator v4.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ruch_2181151
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Can anyone help with this:

The code below is where the problem occurs.

uint8 frameBuffer[600][400] __attribute__ ((aligned(),section(".frame_buffer")));

And, It is my "Custom Flags".

-Wl,--section-start=.frame_buffer=0x20000000

Below is my error message.

build_error_01.JPG

This error does not occur in Creator v3.3 and i confirmed that it is not related to GCC version.

I don't know why occurs build error in Creator v4.2.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Russel,

When I built your project I was able to reproduce your error. I see the same error message and the output window says that "Flash address outside hex file range".

I removed the linker commands in the build settings and created a custom linker script and added the following line of code inside SECTIONS:

.ram2 0x20000000 (NOLOAD):

{

*(.ram2)

} >ram

After adding this, the project built successfully. I have attached the linker script below for your reference. Let me know how it goes

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please find the project attached. I tried the exact same thing and it seems to build successfully in PSoC Creator 4.2. So, I don't think the error might be because of this.

In any case, which kit are you using? Can you share your project so that I can look at various settings?

Please right click on your project > Archive Workspace/Project > Minimal and then share it.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello ddka

I attached project files.

Thanks,

Russell

0 Likes

Hello Russel,

When I built your project I was able to reproduce your error. I see the same error message and the output window says that "Flash address outside hex file range".

I removed the linker commands in the build settings and created a custom linker script and added the following line of code inside SECTIONS:

.ram2 0x20000000 (NOLOAD):

{

*(.ram2)

} >ram

After adding this, the project built successfully. I have attached the linker script below for your reference. Let me know how it goes

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello ddka.

I solved this problem with your help.

Thank you a lot your helping.

Regards,

Russellcustom_linker.ld.zip

0 Likes