Generating .Cyacd2 file using Psoc Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuNa_4652896
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hello Cypress Members,

I have been reading these documentation for a while,https://www.cypress.com/file/385706/download and https://www.cypress.com/file/385706/download.

I  am confused with the plethora of information there. All I want is to generate a .cyacd2 file for my psoc 6 to update the whole firmware on my kit via Bluetooth using PSoC Creator v4.3. I have added the bootloader service on the kit and I can access it through CySmart App on Android. Just a note that both CM0 and CM4 core are utilized to do different tasks in my firmware. BLE component is present in the Top Design and contains several services for my application. I want to include any added services during the update as well.

So what is missing is to generate the .cyacd2 to update the firmware as I do when flashing a .hex file to update the firmware. I am not interested into patching process at the moment as it will take time to actually do all the minor editing for the new memory locations in the Flash RAM.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

HI MuNa_4652896​,

You can find the sample commands as part of post_build_core<x>.bat files.

cymcuelftool.exe tools are installed as part of PDL installation process.  You can usually find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.2" path (if default installation paths are used). Please refer the the command help for more details.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The best way to develop BLE DFU application is to go through the projects PSoC6DfuBleApp0 and PSoC6DfuBleApp1.

PSoC6DfuBleApp0 is the BLE bootloader application and PSoC6DfuBleApp1 is your end application. So in your case, you can modify the project PSoC6DfuBleApp1 according to your application requirements.

Please note that the command "Cy_DFU_ExecuteApp(0u);" present in PSoC6DfuBleApp1 puts the application into Bootloader mode. From there PSoC6DfuBleApp0 bootloads the actual application into the PSoC.

Please go through the code example documents for PSoC6DfuBleApp0 and PSoC6DfuBleApp1 for instructions.

Hope this helps ! Please update if you need any particular information.

Thanks

Ganesh

Thank you for the informative reply, @GaneshD_41

I am still having an inquiry about the generation of the .cyacd2 file using PSoC Creator v4.3. How can I generate this file to flash the DFU application on the psoc kit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

You just have to build the PSoC6DfuBleApp1 application. The PSoC Creator will generate the .cyacd2 file automatically for you. This has been mentioned in the document that comes along with code example also.

You can find this file at the following path

...\PSoC6DfuBleApp101.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug

Please check once and update if you have any queries.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thanks ganapathis_71​ for you reply again,

I downloaded the PSoC6DfuBleApp1 example and built it. The build is successful, but I cannot find anywhere. I searched PSoC6DfuBleApp101.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug and in the whole PSoC6DfuBleApp101.cydsn folder too.

I followed the required editing steps for the GCC Linker in the PDF, but still cyacd2 file is not generated.

EDIT: I finally got it generated. I flashed App0. Got to the Bootloader service. Uploaded the cyacd2 file. I was able to switch back and forth using IAS (0 for App1, 1/2 for App0). Now what if I want to go with App1 directly. For this process, I have to flash App0 first then upgrade the firmware with App1 through the cyacd2 file. This way I have both Apps available and I can switch between them at will. However, I want to know how to combine both during the first flash, thus having both App0 and App1 flashed for the first time, then later, I can switch when needed.

Thanks

0 Likes

HI MuNa_4652896​,

You can find the sample commands as part of post_build_core<x>.bat files.

cymcuelftool.exe tools are installed as part of PDL installation process.  You can usually find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.2" path (if default installation paths are used). Please refer the the command help for more details.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

0 Likes