Generating CYACD files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OmAb_4672891
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello all and merry Christmas,

I am building a proprietary tool to flash PSOC semiconductors of different interfaces using the bootloader and bootloadable components. I've successfully remotely flashed using the bootloader and a github tool cyflash that allows me to easily flash from my computer's command line. However, there is an annoying step in this process:

To generate the cyacd file, I have to go in to PSOC, copy my original project, build, add the bootloadable component, find hex and elf file, build again to generate the .cyacd file. In terms of a long term project I kind of want to do this automatically. Therefore, I was wondering if PSOC creator had a command line tool I can learn so that I can write a script that does this to generate the cyacd for me more quickly. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

In case of Cypress' Bootloader and application topology, the Bootloader and Bootloadable are two different PSoC Creator projects. The Bootloadable project/Application needs the hex and elf files of the Bootloader project to generate its hex or elf files.

Since they are two separate projects, it is mandatory to create both the projects in PSoC Creator.

FYI, please go through the section "CyElfTool Command Line Tool" in page number 381 of the PSoC Creator user guide:

https://www.cypress.com/file/137441/download

Also, we recommend you to go through the following KBA to understand how to use the ELF tool:

Combine Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files for Production Programming– KBA224390

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

In case of Cypress' Bootloader and application topology, the Bootloader and Bootloadable are two different PSoC Creator projects. The Bootloadable project/Application needs the hex and elf files of the Bootloader project to generate its hex or elf files.

Since they are two separate projects, it is mandatory to create both the projects in PSoC Creator.

FYI, please go through the section "CyElfTool Command Line Tool" in page number 381 of the PSoC Creator user guide:

https://www.cypress.com/file/137441/download

Also, we recommend you to go through the following KBA to understand how to use the ELF tool:

Combine Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files for Production Programming– KBA224390

Thanks and regards

Ganesh