From PSOC5 to PSOC4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have a block diagram for PSOC5. Now, I want to transfer from PSOC5 to PSOC4. However, there are some errors which said incompatible for certain block. May I know how can I solved this? I am new with this PSOC software. Thank you very much. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

There are some components available for PSoC5 that cannot be used for PSoC4 as the filter and the delta sigma adc. Usually there are in the PSoC4 adequate replacements. Those you need to use and change the APIs accordingly.

When you post your complete project, we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

There are some components available for PSoC5 that cannot be used for PSoC4 as the filter and the delta sigma adc. Usually there are in the PSoC4 adequate replacements. Those you need to use and change the APIs accordingly.

When you post your complete project, we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yup, I have problems with delta sigma adc, dma, op-amp and also pga..the PSOC5 block diagram was given to me so that I can applied it to the PSOC4.

Affiq

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the late respond. I have attached the files with this post. Thank you.

Affiq

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your selected device has not got DMA. Usa a different PSoC4BLE

Replace the "not supported" components with existing ones. For the PGA you will need to use an opamp and some external resistors.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob. But what do you mean by using different PSoC4BLE?

Affiq

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your chip has got Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) capabilities. When you do not need them, use a different family.

Bob

0 Likes