Find All Active References Fails with Unhandled Exception

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NiNo_4154496
Level 3
Level 3
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

When i Try to Use the feature "Find All Active References" in PSoC Creator I get this error:

Unhandled Exception has occurred in a component in your Application. ..... File format is not valid.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentException: File format is not valid.

at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.StreamIn(Stream data, Int32 flags)

at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.StreamIn(String str, Int32 flags)

at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.set_Rtf(String value)

at CyDesigner.Framework.FindReplace.CyFindResultsToolWindow.UpdateDisplay(Boolean scrollToEnd)

at CyDesigner.Framework.FindReplace.CyFindResultsToolWindow.ForceDisplay(Boolean scrollToEnd)

at CyDesigner.Common.Editors.CyFileEditor.FindAllReferencesDoneCallback(CyRsltOrErr`1 result)

at CyDesigner.Common.Editors.ClangDetail.CyClangRequest`1.<>c__DisplayClass2`1.<CallbackInvoker>b__0(Object obj)

This fail is present both in version 4.3 and 4.4

The rest of the details are attached.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Niels,

Can you please try out the steps mentioned in this thread - Compile Edge Detector - stuck at "Tech Mapping.."

Although these are different issues the cause could be the same. Please let me know your observations.

Also, let me know your Windows version.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi NiNo_4154496​,

Can you please create a new workspace in a different location and let me know if the issue persists? Also, do you have the PSoC Creator project open in another editor or do you have any other program running in parallel with PSoC Creator?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

I uninstalled PSoC Creator 4.4 and reinstalled it at c:\Cypress\ (Run as administrator)

Opened your Example project Analog_Voltage_Comparator01 for 4200BLE

Build it

Try the Find all references and get the same error message.

I have MS Outlook, Word and Edge running.

System is a Dell Laptop with Windows 10.

Regards Niels

0 Likes

Hi Neils,

I was unable to recreate the issue. After uninstalling all the Cypress tools can you try cleaning the registry entries too? You can find more information regarding this in this thread - Re: PSOC Programmer COM Module freezes/crashes

Can you please let me know if you were able to recreate the issue in another drive or PC? Can you try creating an empty project and let me know if the same issue persists?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

I can give it a try, but dont have much hope it will make any difference.

We have 3 Laptops showing this behavior, all brand new installations.

There must be someone in the Cypress development team that can look at the error message and point to the file and format that is mentioned. It says: "Unhandled Exception has occurred in a component in your Application. ..... File format is not valid." I assume this should be easy to trace down.

Are there any secret switches to add to the tools that can run it in "debug" mode to help resolve this?

0 Likes

Hello Niels,

Can you please try out the steps mentioned in this thread - Compile Edge Detector - stuck at "Tech Mapping.."

Although these are different issues the cause could be the same. Please let me know your observations.

Also, let me know your Windows version.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

You are my Hero!! It works.

Removing the Tick mark for "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support". Solves both this issue and my other issue with build problem.

I must admit Microsoft are doing their best to hide this setting. This is my way into it. And it also works with System locale: English (Denmark)

Settings -> Time & Language -> Date, time & regional formatting ->

Additional date, time & regional settings -> Region -> Administrative -> Language for non-Unicode programs -> change system locale…

Hello Niels,

Glad your issue got resolved

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes