Feature request: separate system settings (Debug Select; Chip Protection) for Debug and Release build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cypress,

See attached screenshots. It would be great if you added a feature so that the system settings would change, depending if it was a Debug or a Release build.

For Debugging, I want to allow SWD and the chip protection must be set to Open. For Release, Debug Select should be set to GPIO and Chip Protection must be set to Protected (for obvious reasons).

The same goes for the Bootloadable block. For debugging, it should use the HEX file in the Debug directory and for release, it should use the HEX file in the Release directory.

The manual process of changing the settings (in the bootloadable AND bootloader) is error-prone and I could make a mistake and release a product without the protection bits set 😞

Thanks in advance,

Pieter

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great question.

AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Thanks for the suggestion.Presently, it is not implemented.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anks,

If I interpret your answer correctly, it means that this feature is not currently on the development road map of PSoC Creator. If you are able to add it to the development road map so that it will be able in a future release, that would be great!

Kind regards,

Pieter