Exploring the UDB Editor...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked
        Despite the lack of some examples I tried to use the UDB Editor and stumbled over some problems.   
Starting with a Count7 I was unsuccessful to direct the terminal-count signal to an output of the module.   
Secondly, please pay attention to the definition of var_1 to _3 which are declared to be combinatorial but two of them get defined as registed.   
Anyone here to help me out or clear up the shadows?   

Bob   
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Nick, the architect and developer of the UDB editor will contact you.

Heinz

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you, Heinz! Und wie geht´s Dir?

Bob

0 Likes
nicholausf_91
Employee
Employee

Hi Bob. I'm responsible for the UDB Editor in Creator 3.0. I'm sorry to say that you stumbled across two bugs that were not caught as part of our testing effort.

• I did an audit of the UDB Editor code and found that both the terminal count signal on the "Count7" and Interrupt on the "status register with interrupt" were not flagged as "legal for use in expressions".
  •    

• The combinatorial variables bugs was introduced very late in the release cycle as a side effect of another bug fix.
  •    

Unfortunately the only work around is to use the Verilog tab to copy/paste the code in to a Verilog file and fix manually.

I've filed defects against the UDB Editor in our internal tracking system and I will make sure that both of these are addressed in our next release.

Nick

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Nick,

thanks for the prompt reply. As you can see, I've a knack for digging out bugs and inconsistences. Are you interested in having the pre-versions tested?

Are you planning to write examples or step-by-step instructions? Anything ready so far??

Bob

0 Likes
nicholausf_91
Employee
Employee

Bob,

I only wish I had better news for you. I'd love to talk to you directly via email about early access and in-progress training materials. I'll contact you directly via email once I've gathered a bit more information.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Likes