Dual Core PSoC6 in PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaSw_2578827
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

When building with a PSoC6 dual core device in PSoC creator, which of the 2 cores calls Cy_SystemInit by default (or does it just run twice?).

Additionally is there a way to blacklist certain peripherals to tell PSoC creator not to use them when auto assigning resources?  When generating code from the schematic PSoC creator auto assigns (possible sequentially) resources such as peripheral clock dividers, but if I'm trying to use them elsewhere (in a resource being initialized completely in FW) I'd like to be able to reserve them such that PSoC Creator doesn't use those specific ones. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @PaSw_2578827 

The Cy_SystemInit () function is by default called by CM0+ core.

Could you please let me know if it is possible for you to check for the resources already utilized and use the one once not used already? How are you initializing the resource in the firmware?

Also, I was curious to know why is it essential for you to use initialize a specific resource completely in the firmware? 

This wold help us to understand the issue and suggest an appropriate solution or workaround.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @PaSw_2578827 

The Cy_SystemInit () function is by default called by CM0+ core.

Could you please let me know if it is possible for you to check for the resources already utilized and use the one once not used already? How are you initializing the resource in the firmware?

Also, I was curious to know why is it essential for you to use initialize a specific resource completely in the firmware? 

This wold help us to understand the issue and suggest an appropriate solution or workaround.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta 

0 Likes
PaSw_2578827
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in following up.

Basically I have  a hardware system where a user can push their code to the M4 flash section, the M0p section is saved on the device and does not get changed (unless we push an OTA update - this code is not shared). The issue I'm running into is that the M4 PSoC Creator project keeps trying to use peripherals that are required for the operation of the M0p. I know what these peripherals are but I don't know how to tell the M4 project not to use them.

You can ignore the comment about the resources that are initialized in firmware, basically what I meant is that I don't know which resources or how many of them the user is going to want to use, I only know what is already used in the M0p for the board operation.  Even if I create placeholders in the M4 PSoC Creator project for those resources used on the M0p, there's no guarantee that PSoC Creator will assign them to the same numbered resources when it builds the project.

My only other approach right now is to not use PSoC creator code generation at all for the M4 but that requires a bunch of more development on my end so it would not be my first option but I think it's doable.

0 Likes