Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Anybody tried to find/download PSOC Creator recently ?

Search website for "PSOC creator 4.4" and check out 38 screens of hits trying

to find creator ?

Is intent to discourage its use ?

Regards, Dana.

1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @ETRO_SSN583,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Were you able to download PSoC Creator after logging in? Please, let us know if you are still facing the issue.

The PSoC Creator will be available for all old chipsets. For the development of old designs, it will still be there. We recommend ModusToolbox for the new design and chipsets.

There might be some issues with the webpage for the PSoC Creator download because of the Cypress and Infineon website integration. We will let the appropriate team regarding this issue.

Please, let us know if you have any further requests.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @ETRO_SSN583,

To download the PSoC Creator either you can go to Infineon's website and search for it or search in a web browser.

For your convenience here is the link to PSoC Creator 4.4.

Please, let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

I did a search, got 38 pages of hits, which I DID NOT wade thru to find Creator.

That search done on the web site.

Either Infineon has inability to prioritize hits shown or is so resource limited

in web maintenance/marketing that same performance on Cypress website

marginalized. Sad.

Used to be if one googled externally to Infineon "PSOC Creator" top hit was Cypress page

with Creator and its docs and direct download link and associated ap notes and several

download options, eg. ISO of everything or just basic creator.....cant do that anymore.

In fact one is taken to the "Creator page" and only obvious link is MODBUS download.....

Is Creator being de-emphasized ?

Recently I had to inform Infineon the link to the 100+ training videos was

non existent.....that has been corrected, or so I have been told.

This is now crazy.....quite a few of us love PSOC, to see this reduction

in development usability is sad.....Time to re-awaken the old Cypress

site, that was well managed.

Your link worked, but when logged in, which I was, do I have to log in again to start

the download ?

Regards, Dana.

Raj_C

Hi @ETRO_SSN583,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Were you able to download PSoC Creator after logging in? Please, let us know if you are still facing the issue.

The PSoC Creator will be available for all old chipsets. For the development of old designs, it will still be there. We recommend ModusToolbox for the new design and chipsets.

There might be some issues with the webpage for the PSoC Creator download because of the Cypress and Infineon website integration. We will let the appropriate team regarding this issue.

Please, let us know if you have any further requests.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

@ETRO_SSN583 wrote:

Anybody tried to find/download PSOC Creator recently ?

Search website for "PSOC creator 4.4" and check out 38 screens of hits trying

to find creator ?

Is intent to discourage its use ?

Regards, Dana.

Note* If you are currently using PSoC™ 6 and PSoC™ Creator, please continue to use PSoC™ Creator for development. If you have interest in starting a design with the PSoC™ 62 with up to 2MB Flash, 1MB SRAM and 104 GPIOs, please use the ModusToolbox SW environment.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is not 95+% of your user base not on PSOC 62 ? That

everything except PSOC 62 is considered old chipsets now ?

Should I interpret your comment that no further dev is going on for PSOC 4, 5LP, 6 ?

Just want to be sure when I am helping people in choosing PSOC I am guiding them in

the right direction.

Regards, Dana. 

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi Dana, 

The PSoC4,5 and 6 chipsets will be supported for a long time w.r.t. product lifecycle and support perspective. Please encourage the customers to use P4,5,6 families as applicable. We wanted to indicate that new development is being done on MTB and from an IDE perspective, that will be the most preferred IDE for new designs. 

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari