Disassembly tab

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaTo_1845261
Level 1
Level 1

Good day for everyone!

Here's my issue. I'm sort of new using the compiler (PSoC Creator 4.3 and PSoC 5LP), I'm trying to debug a project, but while running on that mode sometimes the debugger changes from the "main.c" tab to the disassembly one. I want to avoid that to happen, though I have some experience using Assembler language in other microcontrollers, I'm not used to use it with PSoC.

Is there any way to do it? or How can I avoid that to happen? I know I can change back to the main tab and continue the debugging process without trouble, but getting at the same point the theory says that if the compiler doesn't find any source code it changes to the disassembly tab. Apart from my previous questions, Are there any means to know my code doesn't have a source to solve that problem in advance?

I'd be very thankful and appreciate any help you could give me.

Farewells

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

PSoC Creator has an option switch "Automatically show disassembly if no source available" in the Options dialogue invoked by the menu item Tools>Options...

GS004773.png

Please check what happen if this check box is unchecked.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi dato_1845261​,

Can you please share the steps so that we can try it out at our end and reproduce the issue? If you can, please share your project. It will help us in understanding the issue.

To use assembly code please refer to these threads -

1. Writing in Assembly for a PSoC® 3 Project in PSoC Creator™ - KBA203624

2. Re: Inline assembly for PSoC5

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

PSoC Creator has an option switch "Automatically show disassembly if no source available" in the Options dialogue invoked by the menu item Tools>Options...

GS004773.png

Please check what happen if this check box is unchecked.

Regards,

Noriaki