Confusing Notes in PSoC Creator 4.2 with PSoC 6 BLE module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PascalS
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

when I build my PSoC Creator 4.2 project I get these notes:

The pin named CY_CPUSS_SWJ_SWCLK_TCLK(0) at location P6[7] prevents usage of special purposes: SCB[6].uart_cts.

The pin named CY_CPUSS_SWJ_SWCLK_TCLK(0) at location P6[7] prevents usage of special purposes: SCB[6].spi_select[0].

The pin named CY_CPUSS_SWJ_SWDIO_TMS(0) at location P6[6] prevents usage of special purposes: SCB[6].uart_rts.

The pin named CY_CPUSS_SWJ_SWDIO_TMS(0) at location P6[6] prevents usage of special purposes: SCB[6].spi_clk.

The pin named CY_CPUSS_SWJ_SWDIO_TMS(0) at location P6[6] prevents usage of special purposes: SCB[8].spi_clk.

The program runs as expected but I would like to eliminate these notes. Any suggestions are apprectaited.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

These notes are present to just provide information to the developer regarding some features present in PSoC Creator or any violations that occur in the design. They are harmless to the project itself and I don't think can be removed in any way.

The notes you provided are the most common ones that we see, which tells us that the pins P6[6] and P6[7] when used as SWD/JTAG pins, the usage of additional functionalties present on the pin like uart, spi etc. will be prevented.

In the Systems tab of the DWR window, if the Debug select is chosen as GPIO, these pins can also be used to make use of the other functionalities.

Please refer to this KBA to get rid of error or warning messages: GCC Warnings Diagnostic in PSoC Creator - KBA225431

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

These notes are present to just provide information to the developer regarding some features present in PSoC Creator or any violations that occur in the design. They are harmless to the project itself and I don't think can be removed in any way.

The notes you provided are the most common ones that we see, which tells us that the pins P6[6] and P6[7] when used as SWD/JTAG pins, the usage of additional functionalties present on the pin like uart, spi etc. will be prevented.

In the Systems tab of the DWR window, if the Debug select is chosen as GPIO, these pins can also be used to make use of the other functionalities.

Please refer to this KBA to get rid of error or warning messages: GCC Warnings Diagnostic in PSoC Creator - KBA225431

Regards,

Dheeraj

Thank you for your reply! I will ignore these messages!

0 Likes