Compatibility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is PSoc 5 development kit (With creator 2 and Chip cy8c5568axi-060) compatible with Win 8 64 bit OS?

I installed the creator which came in disc with the kit. Although it is instaling , it is not detecting the PSoC 5 board attatched.

How can I fix the isssue using Win 8 itseld?

0 Likes
15 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The PSoC5 CY8C5568AXI-060 is obsolete and usually not supported any more. There has been a replacement action from Cypress that allowed all users of the old chips to get a replacement board for free. Since this action has ended I would suggest you to contact your local Cypress representative and ask for a replacement or a discount for getting a new kit.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a student and I am just implementing a project . The kit was given by my professsor. Will I be able to implement a student project using creator 2 and cy8c5568axi-060? And if yes can I use it win 8 64 bit os?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I cannot answer your question, it is the same as if you would ask me whether Windows 3.1 will run on your laptop or not.

I would strongly recomend you to get your development kit exchanged.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Look at the release notes for the Creator version you are

considering, that will tell you OS requirements.

http://www.cypress.com/psoccreator/

Above there is a set of release notes for each version of Creator released.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Are there any errors coming up when starting Creator? Did you try to use PSoC Programmer? There should be devive drivers installed, do you see them inthe installed software list? Do you see the PSoC board in the device manager when you connect it?

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Maybe you can create a support case (the menu on the top right, 'MyCases') and ask about what you could expect to work (when Creator 2.2 was released Win8 wasn't out of the door I think so it won't be in the official list)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no errors while installing creator. Programmer is also installed. I installed it from the disc came with kit. All drivers are installed. Psoc Board is shown in device manager. But the creator does not detect the board. That is the error. I will create a support  case. Thankyou.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Please keep us posted with the solution for that problem. This could help anybody else encountering the same problem.

Did you try using PSoC Programmer? I think it should be able to tell you what device it finds.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I installed PSoC programmer came with the kit. It is getting installed but not detecting the device. I created a case and was asked to Select the .NET Framework 3.5 and then install creator. Tried that too but build is getting succeeded and device not getting detected while programming. The error says ' Port Acquisition failed' . I downgraded my OS to win 7 and now it is working fine.

Thankyou all.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Thanks for reporting back. So it seems that Creator 2 doesn't run under a 64 bit Windows 😞

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

The release notes state -

Operating System
One of the following Windows platforms is required:
Windows XP SP2 or SP3 (32-bit supported)
Windows Vista SP2 (32- and 64-bit supported)
Windows 7 and Windows 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit supported)
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit supported)
Mac OS 10.9 on VMware Fusion 6 running Windows 8.1
Mac OS 10.9 on Parallels Desktop 9 running Windows 7 SP1

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

We are talking about Creator 2.2. The release notes for Creator 2.2 SP1 state Win7 (32 and 64 bit) as supported. (see http://www.cypress.com/?docID=43214 )

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was confused about windows 8 compatibility. I downgraded to 64 bit windows 7. creator 2 is working. It does not work on windows 8 .:(. Atleast when I down graded it works with windows 7. So i could not conclude anything else 😕

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am speaking about windows 8. I downgraded to 64 bit windows 7. creator 2 is working. It does not work on windows 8 .:(. Atleast when I down graded it works with windows 7. So i could not conclude anything else 😕

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

I think originator is talking about both Win 7 and Win 8.

This might help you -

www.spider-e.com/wp/

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes