Character LCD (mp) Multi-Port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MarkH_61
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Ever wish you could use one of the standard 2x16 character displays across multiple ports or not have to use sequential pins?  Well now you can spread the connections to your character LCD across multiple ports in any order.  This new component is 100% compatible with the original Character LCD, except you can connect it any way you want.  One other little feature is that you only need 6 GPIOs instead of 7.  So check out the CharLCDmp.  You can also use it with the standard port 2 connector, but make sure you drive the R/W pin to Vss.

The attachment contains a workspace with a demo project and a library with both the CharLCDmp component and a LCD annotation component to help you remember how to connect the two together.

Enjoy,

Mark

44 Replies

Hello,

Can I use it wirh Creator 4.2 or 4.3?

Thank you.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

> Can I use it wirh Creator 4.2 or 4.3?

At least I could compile the project I attached in the discussion below with PSoC Creator 4.3.

Re: #define 'variable' grayed out in c code

But as I don't have the hardware I can not test it.

moto

All right..Thank you!

Mark,

Thank you for contributing a useful component to the PSoC-ecosystem.

If you're happy with the component, I recommend uploading to the forum Community Code Examples

This forum is used as the repository for user-contributed coded.

If you feel it is better to just provide a link to this discussion, that will work too.

On the advise of a wise colleague, I also place a very short post with a link to the shared code in other forums as it applies.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
khalil
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

The instance 'Cntl_Port', of component CyControlReg_v1_70, contains an error. Unable to locate and customize component 'CyControlReg_v1_70' used in schematic 'C:\Users\hp\Downloads\CharLCDmp_Demo2\CharLCDmp_Demo2\CharLCDmpLib.cylib\CharLCDmp_v1_1\CharLCDmp_v1_1.cysch'.

0 Likes