Change from BLE 3.66 to 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Lima
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hi all.

I have a project with BLE v3.66 component built in and I would like to update it to v4.2.

I used automatic update component and the .cysch file already shows the Bluetooth Smart 4.2 symbol.

Lima_0-1620387688866.png

Is there a way to automatically go from 3.66 to 4.2?

Thanks,

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

BLE v3.66 refers to the current version of the BLE Component used in the Design whereas, BLE 4.2 refers to the Bluetooth Core Specification used for delivering exciting new features and benefits for Bluetooth Smart technology. Please refer to the BLE component datasheet for more information. 

If your device supports BLE 4.2 Spec, then you can use the features of BLE 4.2. Please refer to the following table which shows which Bluetooth Specification 4.2 features are supported by different devices.

Yugandhar_0-1620565257008.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

BLE v3.66 refers to the current version of the BLE Component used in the Design whereas, BLE 4.2 refers to the Bluetooth Core Specification used for delivering exciting new features and benefits for Bluetooth Smart technology. Please refer to the BLE component datasheet for more information. 

If your device supports BLE 4.2 Spec, then you can use the features of BLE 4.2. Please refer to the following table which shows which Bluetooth Specification 4.2 features are supported by different devices.

Yugandhar_0-1620565257008.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

Lima
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Thank you very much.

That completely answered my question.

Best regards.

Lima.

0 Likes