Cannot move pins - (pin conflict despite the fact that pins are not locked)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiMo_301056
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello,

I am finalizing a PSoC3 design using PSoC Creator 3.3 CP3. I need to move the pins used by the "Character LCD" component from P5[6:0] to P2[6:0].

To this end, I assign P2[6:0] to the LCD component in the design wide resources (.cydwr) editor, in the Pins tab.

From earlier builds of the project, however, pin P2[2] was previously auto-assigned to another signal (but not locked to that pin!).

Since the assignment to P2[2] is not a "locked" one, I would expect that when running the next build, PSoC Creator would simply move the signal that was previously using P2[2] to another location, in order to make room for the "Character LCD" pins.

Instead, it flags an error message:

Multiple assigments have been made to pin P2[2]

(and BTW, I probably found a typo error in PSoC Creator: it should be "Multiple assignments have ben made to pin ..." )

I tried the commands "unlock" and "auto-assign during build" on the signal previously auto-assigned to P2[2], but no way....PSoC Creator insists saying that P2[2] is assigned to multiple signals.

How can I have PSoC Creator **forget** the earlier auto-assignment of a signal to P2[2] ?

Thanks for any suggestion!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Try to close the Creator and delete <project name>.cyfit file in the project folder.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Did you already consider to use latest Creator version which is 4.2 at this time?

Bob

0 Likes

Creator 4.2 is not an option, as the project is almost concluded and it will remain in version 3.3 (in maintenance mode).

Best regards,

Ricardo

0 Likes

Try to close the Creator and delete <project name>.cyfit file in the project folder.

/odissey1

0 Likes