Cannot compile PSoC 4.3 copied design fit.M0031 error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi All,

I am creating a new design variant of a working project targeted for the 222014-01 BLE module by copying a working project that was targeted for the 222005 module, changing its name and using Device Selector to choose the new module type.

After doing this, I get three errors during the fitting stage:

ScGr_289066_0-1610380949587.png

To make matters worse, I've seen this error before but I cannot remember how I fixed it.  I have tried updating the components (BLE was updated to 3.66 and cy_boot to 5.90), but this hasn't eliminated the errors.

The error message suggests how to fix the problem but I can't find where one sets the "User provided" option.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately this doesn't help, but I ran across my notes that reminded me how to solve the problem.

When I am creating a new project that's a variant of an existing program as in this case, I use windows copy to create a copy of a similar existing project, then rename the copied directory and the copied .cyprj file.

But, the copied project still references the original project's cydrw file.  This is what causes the error.  Simply removing the copied cydrw from the project then adding the newly created cydrw file (in the copied directory) fixes the problem.

Best,

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @ScGr_289066 ,

From the error, it looks like an error associated with the WDT. The following KBA should be helpful: https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Configuration-of-Watchdog-Timer-Interrupt-i...

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately this doesn't help, but I ran across my notes that reminded me how to solve the problem.

When I am creating a new project that's a variant of an existing program as in this case, I use windows copy to create a copy of a similar existing project, then rename the copied directory and the copied .cyprj file.

But, the copied project still references the original project's cydrw file.  This is what causes the error.  Simply removing the copied cydrw from the project then adding the newly created cydrw file (in the copied directory) fixes the problem.

Best,

Scott

0 Likes