Can't load PSoC6 project in CY8CPROTO-062-4343W. Why?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi,

I compiled successfully a PSoC6 project using PSoC Creator 4.2 and tried to load it into my CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board.  It complained that the Kitprog3 is not  supported and would not load.

Why?  Is there a reason that the PSoC6 could not support PSoC6-only operation through PSoC Creator 4.2?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
1 Solution

Hello Len,

The project builds with no Errors or warnings when targeting CY8C624ABZI-D44 as the device

As I mentioned earlier, CY8C624ABZI-D44 is not available for selection in PSoC Creator. So, I am not sure what you mean by you were able to build a project targeting CY8C624ABZI-D44. Please share the project.

Additionally other PSoC6s can by targeted by PSoC Creator.  What makes this PSoC6 different?

All devices of P6A-2M will be supported on Modus Toolbox platform.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
PSBU_2325551
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi,

Please install Latest PSoC Programmer 3.28.4 from this link:

https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

PSoC Programmer versions before 3.28.x do not support KitProg3

0 Likes

The CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board is only supported in ModusToolbox. For more information refer this thread: CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and PSoC Creator

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

Thank you for your response.  I understand that Cypress has no plans to support access to the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board through the KitProg3.

However ... Can I access the PSoC6 of the board using the on-board 10-pin SWD/JTAG Header (J14) with PSoC Creator?

Len

Len
0 Likes

The CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board uses the CY8C624ABZI-D44 PSoC6 chip. This chip is not available for selection in PSoC Creator and hence you cannot program the board.

The software support for this board is only through ModusToolbox as mentioned in the release notes.

The acquire step will fail and you will always see this error because PSoC Creator cannot recognize this device:

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

Interesting...   The project builds with no Errors or warnings when targeting CY8C624ABZI-D44 as the device.  Additionally other PSoC6s can by targeted by PSoC Creator.  What makes this PSoC6 different?

Len

Len

Hello Len,

The project builds with no Errors or warnings when targeting CY8C624ABZI-D44 as the device

As I mentioned earlier, CY8C624ABZI-D44 is not available for selection in PSoC Creator. So, I am not sure what you mean by you were able to build a project targeting CY8C624ABZI-D44. Please share the project.

Additionally other PSoC6s can by targeted by PSoC Creator.  What makes this PSoC6 different?

All devices of P6A-2M will be supported on Modus Toolbox platform.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

I  checked the device I selected in the project.  I'm off by one digit.  CY8C6247BZI-D44.  It is not the CY8C624ABZI-D44 on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board.  Oops.. My bad.

Thanks for your help.  I'm closing the discussion.

Len

Len

Hi,

I'm currently at Programmer 3.28.4.  Still no luck.

Len

Len
0 Likes