Can SerialNVRAM component be used with UDB SPI?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 10 solutions authored

I would like to use the pre-baked SerialNVRAM component because it seems like the only way to put an FRAM and other SPI devices on the same bus.
I've seem there is similar here http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an89659-interfacing-spi-f-ram-psoc-4 , but it won't share the SPI.

The SerialNVRAM datasheet suggests using SPI in SCB mode, but I have to use UDB since the fixed pins are not available. Creator does the Generate Application step, but when compiling fails because "SPIM_SPI_UART.h" is missing and not generated.  Is this because of the SCB mode?

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Could you please attach the PSoC Creator project ? Please tell us what pins do you want to interface the SRAM with the PSoC?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Here is an example of the error.  I just replaced the SCB SPI with UDB SPI.

0 Likes

Hi,

To make your project build, please do the following things.

1. Use only fixed function SPI master to interface with SerialNVRAM. In the present project you are using UDB based component.

2. In the system tab of .cydwr window, make the Debug Select option as "GPIO" instead of SWD. Then you can assign pins to SPI master. The problem with this is you cannot use the debugging feature because the SWD pins are converted as GPIO once programmed.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes