CY8CKIT-062-BLE - build error with cymcuelftool.exe

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiOd_4812436
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am currently unable to run an example code designed for the CY8CKIT-062-BLE. PSoC Creator recognizes the board as CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 and I've been told I must use the 3.0.1 PDL version for it to work. This is currently what I'm trying, but every time I try to build any project, I get the following error:

The command 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\tools\win\elf\cymcuelftool.exe' failed with exit code '3221225781'.

Furthermore, when I paste the problematic command into a Command Prompt (not quite sure if this should actually work), I get the following errors:

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I can actually find the libraries, which are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\bin.

Other than that, I tried to reinstall and repair PSoC Creator and the PDL to no avail and I don't know what should I try next.

Thanks for your support

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi !

Thanks for your support, also I fixed my problem. I followed your advice and tried building the project with different PDL (3.0.1, 3.0.3, 3.0.4, and 3.1.3), but they all gave me the same error (cymcuelftool.exe failing). As I said, running the failing command in the Command Prompt told me there was some missing dll, even though they were actually on my system.

At some point, I found this link, where someone also has problems with the same dll:

Missing MSVCP120.dll file - Microsoft Community

It proposes to download a certain Microsoft Visual C++ package, which I did, and by some strange black magic trick, now everything works as expected. It would seem that this package fix the problematic dll

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi niod_4812436​,

I am currently unable to run an example code designed for the CY8CKIT-062-BLE

Can you try building an empty PSoC 6 project and let me know if the build is successful?

I've been told I must use the 3.0.1 PDL version for it to work

Please let me know the source of this information so that I can understand the reason behind the suggestion and the issue better. Also, can you try upgrading PDL to 3.1.3 and let me know if the build is successful?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi !

Thanks for your support, also I fixed my problem. I followed your advice and tried building the project with different PDL (3.0.1, 3.0.3, 3.0.4, and 3.1.3), but they all gave me the same error (cymcuelftool.exe failing). As I said, running the failing command in the Command Prompt told me there was some missing dll, even though they were actually on my system.

At some point, I found this link, where someone also has problems with the same dll:

Missing MSVCP120.dll file - Microsoft Community

It proposes to download a certain Microsoft Visual C++ package, which I did, and by some strange black magic trick, now everything works as expected. It would seem that this package fix the problematic dll

0 Likes

Hi NiOd_4812436,

Glad your issue is resolved. Thank you for sharing the solution with the community

Best Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes