Build error in component with variable number of inputs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

I made demo component with variable number of inputs: 0-2. When Ninputs set to less than 2, corresponding pin's visibility  is set to "invisible", and internal "NOT" gate is removed by using property CY_REMOVE. Upon build, Creator 3.1 throws an error: "wire is not connected to anything" (project and picture attached).

How to deal with hanging wires after internal parts are removed?

regards,

odissey1

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Picture attached

0 Likes
lock attach
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Attached corrected example of custom component with variable number of inputs and outputs. Component itself is a demo and does not do anything but hiding pins. Challenge was to make removable some unused parts of component, it was resolved by using virtual muxes. It seems the  way Cypress does it, but documentation is hard to find if any.

Question remaining : how to make component rectangle to shrink when external pins become invisible?

odissey1

0 Likes
lock attach
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Picture attached

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There should be a way to define the in- and outputs as busses with varying width. So your component will have the same size all the time.

But

I didn't find out yet how to specify the width as a varying item while setting the properties of the controlling component.

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Bob,

Thank you for reply. Combining the inputs (and outputs) into a bus line with variable width was my next question. I will try to file a case with Cypress.

I am still curious how Cypress makes components "shrinkable". I saw some stock components to shrink before, but don't remember which one it was. Can you remind me? 

I am inspecting Cypress component sources, and way they created is not documented in the Component Author Guide. Is there internal Cypress documentation available?

odissey1

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I do not have access to any Cypress internals, I'm a developer as you are. Probably you will get more help when filing a MyCase.

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Bob,

I am not software developer, I am merely a hobbyist, at the beginning of the learing curve. In this regards I appreciate any advise.

odissey1

0 Likes