Build Failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yufuc_4001031
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I 've got CY8CKit - 149 and I tried Build by downloading "CE 220891 Capsens_with_Breathing_LED" from Code Example, but it does not work because I made a Build Failed.

The following error appears in the Notice List window.

”Build error: Hex file generation step failed, see output window for more information.”

Looking at the Output Window, I do not know where the problem is. Please tell me about the solution.

I tried reinstalling PSoc Creator etc, but there is no change in symptoms.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

1: If you create a project by yourself, does it can generate the hex successfully?

2: Do you try to open another code example?

3: Could you give us your compile error message screen shot?

4: Which version of the creator you install?

5: You can try to download the install archive from the linker;https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

1: If you create a project by yourself, does it can generate the hex successfully?

2: Do you try to open another code example?

3: Could you give us your compile error message screen shot?

4: Which version of the creator you install?

5: You can try to download the install archive from the linker;https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

Thanks for the advice.

After that, I tried variously and succeeded in Build when I changed the setting of "ARM GCC 5.4 - 2016 - q 2 - update \ Asemmbler \ General \ Surpress Warnings" to "True" on the "Build Setting" menu.

However, even if setting it back to "False", Build Failed will not be reproduced after that.

I do not understand why, but for now the problem has gone.

Thank you very much.