Bootloadable dependencies and build configuration switching

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiFR_1080991
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I'm working on a Bootloader project using PSoC Creator 4.4.
I have a unique workspace for both the bootloader and bootloadable projects.
If I change the workspace configuration from "Debug" to "Release" and viceversa, then the two projects are compiled with that configuration, but...
.... I noted that the "Bootloadable Dependencies" don't automatically adapt to the actual configuration and there is need of manual editing every time.

I tried using a path with variable expansion in the same way as used in "Build Settings" for "Output Directory" of compiler:
${ProjectDir}\${ProcessorType}\${Platform}\${Config}
Unfortunately this doesn't work because the variable expansion is not applied by the building process.

Is there another way?
Is it possible to file an enhancement request in order to support this functionality?

GiFR_1080991_0-1620892386204.png

Thanks and Regards,

Giuliano

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Giuliano, 

I received an update regarding this issue. This requires code changes in PSoC Creator. I have created an enhancement request so that the development team can evaluate the request.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith

Hi Giuliano, 

At the moment the bootloadable component is independent of the build variables. The path is obtained in a C# file. I have requested the internal team to check if the build config can be added to the path by modifying the component.

If in case that is not possible I will create an enhancement request. However, please note that it is unlikely that the newer features will be added to PSoC Creator.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Giuliano, 

I received an update regarding this issue. This requires code changes in PSoC Creator. I have created an enhancement request so that the development team can evaluate the request.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes