Automatically compiling a project on Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a project that I want to compile on a Linux docker container for continuous integration capabilities.

The project can be build on Linux by making  a few changes to the project, which are:

• Changing the compiler in Tools -> Options -> Project Management -> ARM Toolchains to ARM GCC generic and pasting the path of the compiler in my Linux image.
  • Generating the makefile by using the Project -> Export to IDE tool -> Makefile tool.
  • Edit the makefile so that "make all" compiles up to the elf file, and not the hex file (As that requires using the Cypress tool which is a .exe file https://community.cypress.com/message/89977#89977)

After these steps, when committed, my CI system will automatically build the .elf file.

My two questions are:

1. Is there a way to change the compiler path automatically or change it after the Make file is generated?
  2. Is there a tool to generate the makefile from the command line?
0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Maarten,

MakeFile is a new feature introduced in PSoC Creator. Currently no option in PSoC Creator for customizing the creation of MakeFile.

Thanks

Jobin GT

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Maarten,

MakeFile is a new feature introduced in PSoC Creator. Currently no option in PSoC Creator for customizing the creation of MakeFile.

Thanks

Jobin GT